It’s that time again, the holidays are around the corner! Starting with Thanksgiving this week many people will travel, visit with friends and family, cook, shop…and the list of things to do continues.
The holiday season can be a very busy time with parties and dinners and the temptation to eat many treats. Its can be difficult to stick to the healthy habits you have kept up during the year and it’s easy to get rundown and tired. All of which can make you more susceptible to picking up colds. Not to mention the effect that overindulging and fatigue can have on your skin!
Here are a few tips that can help you stay on track this holiday season. Keeping healthy can ease the stress that can be brought on by this busy season and keep your skin glowing so you can shine at your holiday parties!
1. Choose wisely: There are many seasonal ingredients that are very healthy. Sweet potatoes, cranberries, pomegranates, apples and brussel sprouts to name just a few, all contain vitamins and antioxidants that can keep your immune system healthy and your skin glowing. At holiday parties make sure to eat plenty of vegetables and indulge in the treats in smaller portions.
2. Keep up with your exercise routine: This time of year can be so busy that sticking to a regular exercise routine can be tough. Even if it isn’t your regular routine, take the time to at least take a walk before or after dinner. This can be especially helpful to aid in digestion and lead to better sleep. Going to bed after a copious meal may make you fall asleep right away but lead to sleep interruptions later in the night.
3. Drink plenty of water: Staying hydrated is especially important during the holiday season. It aids in digestion and counters the effects of alcohol, salt, and even stress. Drinking plenty of water also helps maintain a glowing complexion.
4. Drink your vitamins: Making a juice every day can ensure that you are getting the vitamins you need. Even as the weather turns colder and the produce in the supermarket changes you can adapt your juices to include seasonal ingredients. Following is a recipe for pomegranate and apple juice that is not only delicious and healthy but can also be used to make a refreshing gel face mask filled with beneficial antioxidants.
5. Take time to enjoy yourself: Enjoying time spent laughing with family and friends is probably the best stress relief during the holiday season. We wish you and your family a healthy and happy holiday season!
Pomegranate Apple Holiday Juice and Mask